- Can any temporal or aspectual distinctions, restricted to NP, be marked on the head noun? designed by Olga Krasnoukhova
- Datapoint contributed by:
- Olga Krasnoukhova 2013-12-22
- N.B. In Mamaindê, a closely related Northern Nambikwaran language, there are nominal temporal suffixes which encode past and future distinctions. These suffixes are not related to tense markers on the verb (cf. Eberhard 2009:343). See also Lowe (1999:282) for nominal temporal suffixes in the Namb.family (in Dixon & Aikhenvald (1999) The Amazonian languages).
- Legal Values and Meanings: